SETTING UP YOUR RING CHIME PRO IN THE RING APP
Setting up your Ring Chime Pro in the Ring app is a simple process. The following video will walk you through the process, and scroll down for a step-by-step guide. Be sure to plug in your Ring Chime Pro before setting up your device. You must complete the physical installation of your Chime Pro before setting it up in the Ring app
- - On your mobile device, go to the App Store.
- - Do a search for “Ring.”
- - Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
- - Tap “Setup Device”
- - Select Ring Chime Pro.
In the next step, if this is your first time setting up a Ring product, you will get a request from your phone informing you that the Ring App wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist in inputting your address. Without a specific location, certain features of your Ring Chime Pro will not work properly.
Note: The app will estimate your address as closely as possible. If it is not completely accurate and misses the address by a few numbers, the app will still work properly.
Note: The light on your Chime Pro is not particularly strong and can be drowned out by ordinary room light. If you can't see the pulsing light, wait about three minutes and then proceed with these instructions. If you’re on an Android device, this step should happen automatically. If it doesn’t, please click here for tips on what to do next.
On an iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions below:
- - Press the Home button on your iPhone or iPad to leave the Ring app.
- - Navigate to the “Settings” app.
- - Tap “Wi-Fi.”
- - Select the network from the list that begins with “ChimePro-.”
- - Close your Settings App and return to the Ring App.
- - When you return to the Ring app, the app will automatically scan for available Wi-Fi networks. Select the network closest to your Chime Pro to connect it.
The remainder of this step should complete automatically. If it doesn’t or if you run into any problems, click here.